Our vacancies in the United Kingdom
Permanent Full Time
Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe, with facilities and operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands and France. We take a long view, which is why sustainability is at the core of our business and our company culture. Our trademark is delivering high quality, cost effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste market across Europe. Our waste-to-energy facility (WtE) in County Meath for the treatment of residual waste was the first of its kind on the island of Ireland. Our objective is to grow the business in Ireland and the UK and contribute further to circular economy and net zero carbon targets.
We are currently developing an integrated waste management site, which includes a WtE facility, in Essex, England. We are also working on projects to optimize the energy efficiency (e.g. district heating, hydrogen production) and reduce the carbon footprint (carbon capture, use and storage) of our facilities.
The role of the Policy Analyst is to develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of EU and national policy, legislation and regulation shaping the current and future environment within which the company operates in order to protect our position in existing & future markets. As a Policy Analyst, you will be a member of a dynamic business development team and involved in the identification of new opportunities and markets which will allow the business to growth and contribute further to renewable energy, circular economy and net zero carbon targets.
This position will be a hybrid role which will benefit being close-by to Rivenhall, Essex
Role & Responsibilities
- Research and analyse the current policy context at an EU and domestic level e.g. energy strategy, national circular economy plans, waste management plans, development plans, sludge management plans, land-spreading regulations etc.
- Track the development of EU and domestic legislation e.g. energy, circular economy, climate, net zero carbon, wastewater management etc.
- Prepare technical policy papers or submissions for internal WGs, Ireland and UK trade associations and to public consultations.
- Draft articles for relevant publications in order to highlight significant policy matters which have a bearing on company activities or how company activities can contribute to the implementation of EU & domestic policy
- Draft the policy sections of permit applications and business plans for development projects to highlight how they can contribute to the implementation of EU & domestic policy
- Draft high quality policy papers in relation to business development opportunities which will contribute to the company’s strategic objectives, operational plans and business cases
- Build and maintain relationships with internal / external stakeholders, such as government departments, agencies, and trade associations by keeping abreast of relevant publications, ezines, etc. and attending conferences, seminars, working groups etc.
- Use the company management systems effectively in order to be able to plan and organize and work efficiently e.g. salesforce, SAP
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree or Masters in energy, environmental /sustainability/circular economy studies, business studies, legal studies or other similar disciplines.
- Demonstrable ability in assessing policy, legislation & regulation
- Demonstrable capability in completing assignments efficiently.
- An understanding of regulation processes and mechanics of policy
- Knowledge of energy, environmental, circular economy or net zero carbon policy, legislation & regulation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas coherently and persuasively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be proactive in approaching people; establishing strong working relationships with personnel from all areas of the company; and interacting with high-level contacts
- The right candidate will be a self-starter and be able to work on his/her own initiative
- Ideally have their own transport/ability to Rivehall and other locations to attend workgroups/conferences
***MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK. THERE WILL BE NO VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS POSITION, therefore please do not apply if you require this***
At Indaver we provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance.
- Competitive Salaries
- Very attractive pension scheme
- Paid family leave
- Increasing Annual leave with service
- Paid Educational, study and exam leave to support further learnings
- Long service rewards
- Employee saver scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supporting your work life balance
- Flexibility of working hours
- Physical and mental wellness
Where do you work?
Mainly home working with an occasional office visit. Therefore would be beneficial if the successful candidate were to reside the Essex/London region.