Permanent Full Time
Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe, with facilities and operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands and France. We take a long view, which is why sustainability is at the core of our business and our company culture. Our trademark is delivering high-quality, cost-effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste market across Europe.
Indaver are now constructing a 595,000 tonne energy-from-waste plant as part of an Integrated Waste Management facility in Essex. Over a year’s worth of groundworks have already been carried out and construction work has now commenced with piling activities on site. This will be one of the largest energy-from-waste plants in the UK and you will be working with an experienced international team of engineers and commercial professionals to take the project from groundworks to commissioning (3.5years) and beyond.
Purpose of the job
Commercial Manager - MSWS (Municiple Solid Waste Services)
Working within the company’s commercial policy and under the direction of the Managing Director Rivenhall;
- Identify, develop and manage new and existing business opportunities in the Rivenhall IWMF, whilst monitoring potential developments in the UK.
- Be a knowledge holder of the MSWS business in the region and seek opportunities in developing technologies such as metals recovery, Carbon Capture and reuse, Hydrogen and other prospective projects.
- Represent Indaver in Trade Associations, Working Groups and conferences.
In order to:
- Maximize the commercial supply and disposal contracts associated with the Rivenhall plant and the MSWS business in the region.
- Maintain relationships and manage all aspects of the existing customer portfolio of the Rivenhall IWMF.
While respecting all relevant laws, policies, rules and requirements, protecting the Indaver brand and fostering a 4C (Care Connect Coach Change) leadership culture.
Qualifications & Experience
- A master’s degree or a master’s level of thinking in a relevant discipline.
- 10-year proven sales experience in industrial B2B environment
- Experience in managing budgets, revenues and margins.
- Developing new business areas
- Political knowledge of UK and local Government
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent networking skills and maintaining relationships.
- In-depth Knowledge of relevant legislation & policy
- Must be eligible to work in the UK as no visa sponsorship will be provided.
At Indaver we provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance.
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual performance bonus
- Very attractive pension scheme
- Paid family leave
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing with service
- Paid Educational, study and exam leave to support further learnings
- Long service rewards
- Employee saver scheme
- Tax saver and Cycle to work scheme
- Paid parking
- Death in Service Insurance provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supporting your work life balance
- Flexibility of working hours
- Physical and mental wellness e.g. Fresh fruit, running and sports clubs, social events
Where are you working from
Main base of work will be the Rivenhall IWMF, Essex.