Recovery of materials and energy
On the indaver site in Doel we recover valuable materials and energy from 1,2 mio tonnes of non-recyclable and non-hazardous waste per year.
1,2 million tonnes
Equivalent Energy for
- 3 grate incinerators for thermal treatment of non-recyclable municipal and commercial waste.
- 3 fluidised bed incinerators for thermal treatment of non-recyclable commercial waste, industrial sludge and sludge from water purification plants.
- E-Wood: thermal treatment of non-recyclable wood waste
- Delivery of steam for steamnetwork Ecluse
- Indaver Relight: recovery of valuable resources from 30 mio lamps per year
- Ash treatment: recovery of metals & minerals from bottom ash
- safe disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at licensed landfill sites
Consultation with neighbouring companies
Twice a year, we organise a neighbourhood council with representatives of neighbouring companies and local authorities. The members exchange information, discuss new developments and share their concerns.
The guidance committee is an official consultation committee that closely monitors the results of the fluidised-bed incinerators. The committee consists of representatives from Sleco, Ovam, BBL and Abblo.
The Indaver site in Doel organises an open door day for the general public every few years. The most recent open day took place in 2022. We can also facilitate a company visit for specific groups such as higher education students (in the environmental or chemical field) and for involved stakeholders. Click here to apply for a company visit.